1. Create a CyberPatriot Volunteer account by filling out the Volunteer Registration Form. After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to Volunteer Central.
2. Log into Volunteer Central using the email address and password you listed on your Volunteer Registration Form. After logging in, you will be brought to your Dashboard (see screenshot below).
3. Click the "Mentor Application" button to complete a Technical Mentor or Team Assistant application form.
4. After you hit submit, you will be sent a confirmation email. A new line will also appear on your Dashboard between "Welcome ____" and the row of buttons, which will display your Mentor Status. If you have completed a background check with CyberPatriot in the past 12 months, we will approve your Mentor Registration within 2-3 business days. If you are a new Mentor or have not completed a background check with CyberPatriot in the past 12 months, you will receive an email with instructions on initiating the background check within 2-3 business days. All CyberPatriot Mentors and Team Assistants must undergo these periodic background checks regardless of any government security clearnaces or background checks through other organizations.
5. From the dashboard you can edit your profile or register a Team. Note: If you do not see a "Create Team" button when you log into Volunteer Central, please try accessing the site with Version 9 or newer of Internet Explorer or use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.